Por qué es un doctor de primer nivel
Professor Shokrollahi is a world-renowned plastic surgeon who has authored some of the key international textbooks in the specialty as well as being the editor-in-chief and associate editor of a number of leading scientific medical journals related to plastic surgery, burns and scars. He is also the Medical Director and former Chairman of the Katie Piper Foundation charity. He tends to undertake mainly E-consults to provide greater access to patients from around the country/internationally, and most patients travel to the North West for treatment. He has featured in a range of televised and print media in his role as a plastic surgeon, ranging from national TV news for BBC and Sky, Wall Street Journal, and a feature article on him in National Geographic magazine.
He has a varied adult and paediatric practice, and is a key source of independent advice or opinion from patients prior to them undertaking a wide range of procedures. His own clinical practice is varied and includes:
- Laser treatments for a wide range of skin lesions ranging from benign moles to including skin cancers, for which patients are seeking alternatives to surgery for the best cosmetic outcomes.
- Treatment of scars, for which he is a world expert
- Laser resurfacing
- Prominent ear correction in children and adults; his numerous published techniques have been adopted widely due to the lack of requirement for head bandages after surgery
- Xanthelasma treatment (one-stop definitive treatment)
- Rhinophyma treatment (one-stop definitive treatment)
- Basal Carcinoma, actinic keratosis, and Bowen's disease - often without the need for surgery
- Numerous skin lesions and skin conditions (warts, skin tags, rosacea, neurofibromatosis)
- Pilonidal sinus surgery, typically for patients where numerous other interventions have failed
- Complex procedures of the male genital area such as lymphoedema, hidradenitis or buried penis requiring reconstructive surgery
- Aesthetic, injectable and laser treatments for the face, eyelids and other areas for a limited number of patients
Professor Shokrollahi no longer undertakes private breast surgery, rhinoplasty or facelifts.
Due to his NHS and other commitments, appointments and e-consults are on a first come first-served basis.