Labial adhesions

Specialty of Paediatric urology

Labial adhesions is a condition where the labia (the outer lips) of a girl’s vagina stick together. This is more common in girls between the ages of three to six months, but can repeatedly occur until puberty. The labia may become completely stuck together, with only a white line visible of the adhesion, and can cause some discomfort for the child, especially when peeing. It can be caused by low levels of oestrogen, or by irritation caused by different soaps. Treatment is usually the application of certain prescribed creams. 

We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. Click ‘Enter’ to continue browsing. Enter Cookies policy