Facial peeling is a medical aesthetic treatment which improves the appearance of the skin through amino acids that are applied with microinjections to facial lines and wrinkles on the neck. This new technique was developed as a new way of achieving bio-rejuvenation without needles, called PRX-T33.
PRX-T33: What kind of facial peel is it?
PRX-T33 is a facial peeling procedure based on the well-known trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peel. TCA is one of the most popular peeling treatments, as it is a non-toxic chemical which causes the top layer of cells to dry up and peel off the skin.
What are the active ingredients in the PRX-T33 cosmetic peel?
With PRX-T33, a combination of TCA and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) quickly penetrates the dermis (one of the skin's layers), activating a process of regeneration without attacking the epidermis (the outer layer of skin). The PRX-T33 solution contains 33% TCA and 67% hydrogen peroxide. The peel is incredibly effective. The combination of TCA and hydrogen peroxide stimulates the dermis non-invasively, while minimising the aggressive exfoliation of the dermis. PRX-T33 promotes stimulation of fibroblasts and growth factors without causing inflammation or damaging the skin. The treatment can be performed at any time of year, unlike peeling, because it is not photosensitising, and it is suitable for all skin types.
Why consider the PRX-T33 peel?
1. This new method of needle-free bio-rejuvenation has been shown to combat the flaccidity of facial tissue and to act as a bio-rejuvenator of skin, improving its appearance without damaging it.
3. It is also recommended as an additional treatment to laser and radiofrequency treatments to enhance the results.
4. It can be an option as a basic treatment for the retouching of mini-facials and other cosmetic treatments such as dermal fillers and laser treatment.
The advantages of the PRX-T33 facial peel
- It is a non-invasive treatment
- It provides non-ablative (not harming the top layer of skin) chemical stimulation of the dermis without exfoliating the epidermis
- It is absolutely painless
- It works very well both as a single treatment and in combined treatments, as the results of each are enhanced
- It is not photosensitising, so it can be used even in summer
- The results are immediate
- After the facial peeling treatment, there is no bruising or redness, so the patient can go back to their everyday life with no sign of cosmetic treatment
What is the procedure for the facial peel?
1. The skin is prepared with mild soap, rinsed and dried thoroughly.
2. 2 ml of the facial peeling solution is applied per area, by manual massage or spatula.
3. The specialist makes between 2 and 5 (usually 3), on each area of the face. They then massage the product firmly until it is absorbed and a palpable or visible elasticity is observed.
4. Plenty of fresh water is used to wash the face.
5. Moisturiser can be applied (as desired).
6. After 24-48 hours: the patient should apply a special fluid called 'wiqo' at night. This moisturises and acidifies the skin. 30 minutes later, they can then apply moisturiser.
Step six must be repeated 3-5 times, once a week, but on the same day each time.
The peel can be used either as a facial treatment, or on the body for the treatment of scars and stretch marks.
If you're interested in a surgery-free facial rejuvenation contact a specialist for advice.