Mr Robbie Walker is an experienced consultant ophthalmologist who specialises in emergency eye care, cataract surgery and retinal surgery, including macular hole, epiretinal membrane and retinal detachment surgery as well as the treatment of floaters. He is an expert 'high volume’ cataract surgeon and as such, specialises not only in standard cataract operations, but also in complex lens replacement surgery and the complications of previous cataract surgeries.
He uses standard monofocal lenses in his surgery to optimise each patient’s visual outcome. As part of his cataract and retinal work, he has great outcomes from both YAG laser capsulotomies and retinal laser procedures. He is based in London, currently practises both in the NHS, and privately at a host of different esteemed hospitals, including the private London-based St John & St Elizabeth Hospital, the Cleveland Clinic, the private Battersea Clinic (REAL), as well as the Western Eye Hospital.
Mr Walker was an academic scholar when he successfully obtained an MA from Oxford University as well as a sporting ‘Blue’ for his exploits on the sports field. He gained his medical degree (MBBS) from the Hospital of Guys, Kings and St Thomas' (London), and he has built on his skills as a fully qualified secondary school teacher by recently completing a Masters in Surgical Education at Imperial College London, where he was the Dean’s scholar. He is an examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. Mr Walker undertook his ophthalmology training in North London, which included fellowship training at the highly regarded Moorfields Eye Hospital.
He has published peer-reviewed articles and publications and gives talks both teaching the juniors in his geographical region and at international conferences. He is the current lead consultant in the Western Eye Hospital's Emergency Department, and has been awarded a host of different prizes, including an academic scholarship from Oxford University.
• More than 5 years of experience• Consultant Ophthalmologist, St. John & St. Elizabeth Hospital (present)
• Consultant Ophthalmologist, Cleveland Clinic (present)• Consultant Ophthalmologist, Optegra Eye Hospital London (present)• Consultant Ophthalmologist, REAL Clinic (present)• Consultant Ophthalmologist, Charing Cross Hospital (present) ...
• Cataracts• Macular hole
• Epiretinal membrane• Emergency eye conditions• Complications of diabetic retinopathy• Complications of cataract surgery• Posterior capsular opacification• Floaters• Retinal detachments• Retinal tears• Red eyes• Secondary placement of intraocular lenses ...
Positions in public associations
• Lead Consultant, Emergency Department, Western Eye Hospital (present)
• Examiner, Royal College of Ophthalmology (2020)• Secondary School Teacher (2003 - 2005)
• Educational Supervisor ...
• MA (Oxon), Oxford University (2003)• QTS, Canterbury (2005)
• MBBS, University of London (2009)• MEd Imperial College London (2022) ...
Prizes and awards
• Academic Scholarship, University of Oxford• Deans Scholarship, Imperial College London
• Aylward Prize for quality improvement, Moorfields Eye Hospital ...
• FRCOphth• BEAVRS
Patient reviews Mr Robbie Walker
Would you recommend this doctor?
Friendliness of the staff
All reviews are from real patients and have been verified by our Client Relations department to ensure they meet the service standards.
Source: All information contained on this page as well as office hours available, are provided directly by the doctor who has the ability to update them at all times in order to keep the information as accurate as possible.
Some insurance providers will cover e-Consultation services, but please check with your provider directly before proceeding to book your video conference or private messaging session.
All e-Consultation sessions are recorded for indemnity purposes and are in line with GDPR.
The payments listed above are accepted on behalf of the Doctor as part of e-Consulation. This service is provided directly by Top Doctors® for which a fixed handling fee is received.
All e-Consultation sessions are recorded for indemnity purposes and are in line with GDPR. You are about to engage with your chosen Doctor and you will be responsible for the charges levied by the Doctor. Remember, if you feel ill and you need immediate assistance consult a medical professional immediately or phone 999. The National Health Service may provide support free of any charge within the area of practice where you are seeking assistance.
This website uses our own and third-party Cookies to compile information with the aim of improving our services, to show you advertising related to your preferences as well analysing your browsing habits. You can change your settings HERE.
You can enable or disable according to the purposes:
Accept all the Cookies
Techniques: Those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist within.
Analytics: Those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked.
Behavioural advertising: Those that store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.