Doctor's articles Dr Rami Sweis More than 3791 items endorsed by the best medical specialists

What should I do if I think I have acid reflux?

Acid reflux is a common condition that occurs when acid from the stomach travels up into the oesophagus (food pipe), sometimes as far up as the throat. In this article, Dr Rami Sweis, leading consultant gastroenterologist with extensive experience in upper and lower gastrointestinal disorders, explains the role of testing and options for treatment in those who present with reflux.

How is achalasia diagnosed and treated?

If you've recently found that you're finding it difficult to pass food, even after drinking water, it may be a case of achalasia. Find out how you can get tested for this condition, what all the symptoms are how it is treated. Dr Rami Sweis, a leading consultant gastroenterologist, explains everything you need to know about this condition in this latest article.

Showing results 3 of 3

This website uses our own and third-party Cookies to compile information with the aim of improving our services, to show you advertising related to your preferences as well analysing your browsing habits. You can change your settings HERE.