Professor Alun Davies is a highly respected consultant vascular surgeon of international renown based in London. He specialises in varicose veins, thread veins, deep vein thrombosis, leg ulcers, carotid artery disease, aneurysms, claudication, hyperhidrosis, abdominal wall and groin hernia. Mr Davies is a world expert in the management of arterial and venous disorders.
Professor Davies studied for his initial academic degree at the Univeristy of Cambridge before continuing his studies for several years at the University of Oxford, finally obtaining a Doctor of Medicine degree amongst several other qualifications. He gained a wealth of experience undergoing further training at several hospitals across the UK and also at Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA. His took up his first consultancy position in 1994 at Charing Cross Hospital and has been offering excellent patient care ever since. Today, Professor Davies is an honorary consultant surgeon for the Imperial College NHS Trust and Chelsea and the Westminster NHS Trust. He is additonally the clinical director of Imperial Private Healthcare.
Additional to his clinical responsibilities, Professor Davies holds the esteemed position of professor of vascular surgery within Imperial College London's medical faculty, imparting his expertise to numerous trainees every year. He is also editor of Phlebology, the singular English language academic journal dealing with venous disease internationally, as well as editor-in-chief of Venous News, an international newspaper for vein specialists, the first of its kind. He has won a myriad of awards throughout his illustrious career, most recently the Order of Phlebology Medal for excellence in his clinical resarch in 2011, the Lifetime award from the Australasian College of Phlebology in 2015 and the Medal of Distinction for Education UIP in 2018.
Professor Davies is actively involved in research in the vascular field and has written extensively on many aspects of venous and arterial disease in peer-reviewed journals. He is chairman of the Varicose Vein Guideline Group for the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE), president of the European Venous Forum and additonally forms an integral part of many other professional bodies in his field of expertise such as the American College of Phlebology and the European Society of Vascular Surgery.
• More than 25 years of experience• Consultant Vascular Surgeon, St. Mary's Hospital (present)
• Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Cromwell Hospital (present)• Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Parkside Hospital (present)• Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Charing Cross Hospital (present)• Clinical director, Imperial Private Healthcare (present) ...
• Varicose and thread veins• Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
• Claudication• Carotid/stroke• Aneurysm• Sports vascular disease ...
Positions in public associations
• Chairman of the Varicose Vein Guideline Group for the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) (present)• Editor of Phlebology, an English language academic journal dealing with venous disease (present)
• Editor-in-chief of Venous News, an international newspaper for vein specialists (present)• President of the European Venous Forum (present) ...
• Professor of vascular surgery, Imperial College London (present)
• BA, University of Cambridge (1978 - 1981)• BM BCh. Clinical Studies, University of Oxford Medical School (1984)
• MA, University of Cambridge (1985)• MA, University of Oxford (1992)• DM, University of Oxford (1993)• Certificate of Specialist Training, European Community (1994)•
• Fellow Australian College of Phlebology, ACP (2011)• DSc, University of Oxford (2014) ...
Publications and conferences
• Editor in Chief of Phlebology (the only worldwide English language journal dealing with venous disease)• He has written extensively on many aspects of venous and arterial disease
• Author of numerous scientific papers ...
Prizes and awards
• Medal of Distinction, Education UIP (2018)• Lifetime award, Australasian College of Phlebology (2015)
• Order of Phlebology Medal for promotion of excellence in Phlebology, Australian College of Phlebology (2012)• Order of Phlebology Medal for excellence in clinical research, Australian College of Phlebology (2011)• European Venous Forum Prize (2003)• Fellow, Society of Vascular Medicine and Biology (2002)• Hunterian Professor, Royal College of Surgeons England (1993) ...
• Past President of the European Venous Forum & The Venous Forum at The Royal Society of Medicine• President of the European Venous Forum
• Member of the American Venous Forum• Member of the American College of Phlebology• Member of the Venous Forum at The Royal Society of Medicine• Member of Vascular Surgical Society of Great Britain and Ireland• Member of the European Society of Vascular Surgery• Member of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland ...
Patient reviews Professor Alun Davies
Would you recommend this doctor?
Friendliness of the staff
All reviews are from real patients and have been verified by our Client Relations department to ensure they meet the service standards.
Would you recommend this doctor?
Friendliness of the staff
In the end my appointment with Top Doctors did not get confirmed and I had to call directly to make an appointment.
Source: All information contained on this page as well as office hours available, are provided directly by the doctor who has the ability to update them at all times in order to keep the information as accurate as possible.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT NOW
Mon 26 Feb.
Tue 27 Feb.
Wed 28 Feb.
Thu 29 Feb.
Fri 01 Mar.
Sat 02 Mar.
Professor Alun Davies
Ops! This time has just been booked by another user. Please choose an alternative time.
You may be attended by another doctor who is member of the Team. Do you want to book the appointment in any case?
I'm paying for myself
The Exeter Friendly
Some insurance providers will cover e-Consultation services, but please check with your provider directly before proceeding to book your video conference or private messaging session.
All e-Consultation sessions are recorded for indemnity purposes and are in line with GDPR.
The payments listed above are accepted on behalf of the Doctor as part of e-Consulation. This service is provided directly by Top Doctors® for which a fixed handling fee is received.
All e-Consultation sessions are recorded for indemnity purposes and are in line with GDPR. You are about to engage with your chosen Doctor and you will be responsible for the charges levied by the Doctor. Remember, if you feel ill and you need immediate assistance consult a medical professional immediately or phone 999. The National Health Service may provide support free of any charge within the area of practice where you are seeking assistance.
This website uses our own and third-party Cookies to compile information with the aim of improving our services, to show you advertising related to your preferences as well analysing your browsing habits. You can change your settings HERE.
You can enable or disable according to the purposes:
Accept all the Cookies
Techniques: Those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist within.
Analytics: Those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked.
Behavioural advertising: Those that store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.